Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Atlanta

I just got back from a great long weekend visiting my best friend Jen and her boyfriend Andrew. It was so much fun and tons of partying my one last bang before the end of summer with all this training the drinking has to come to an end. It was tons of fun Friday my friend Doug and Jen's boyfriend Drew went hiking in the North Georgia Mountains, it was so much fun. We crossed a rive over 20 times and I mean a river the water was up over my waist. And of course I feel at least 6 times but don't worry the first time I feel there was Doug behind me to catch me.... but he was more concerned with the sandwiches getting wet so I took a nice header in the river. Needless to say it was a great time the weather was nice and warm the only down side was my shoes were a half size to big so right now I have awful blisters on my feet and I have a race coming up in two weeks :( Wish me luck healing them up soon.

I think I might be getting old also, we partied every night Thursday-Saturday and then had some relaxing wine on Sunday and man it caught up with me for sure. But it was so nice to not have my puppies and cat to look after I got to sleep till noon one day. It was amazing I haven't slept that long in years. But on a sad note when I came home yesterday my cat was gone!!! The neighbor accidentally let him on Saturday. I didn't come home until Monday so the poor guy was stuck out in the rain for 3 days with no food, no claws and never been outdoors before. So last night before I went to bed I put out a bowl of food for him by the back door and sure enough at 4am I got up to let the dogs out and Ozzie was at the door crying to come in. So my little man made it back home I was so happy since he is 13 years old and I have had him for 7 years.

But now I am back home and ready to get into training mode again it was a nice break to going hiking instead of running. So back to the grind.

No comments: